Inspired by the shoe that Team NB's Jenny Simpson used to win the 2018 New Balance 5th Avenue Mile, the New Balance FuelCell Rebel is a lightweight trainer built from data and technologies developed during the design process of the FuelCell 5280 racing flat. Power your run with the FuelCell Rebel running shoe. These shoes match their aggressive look with a responsive ride that feels faster-than-fast. The speed-seeking bootie construction with double jacquard forefoot offers a sleek, breathable fit. To keep this shoe as lightweight possible, New Balance used a thin engineered mesh upper strengthened in the midfoot with Trace Fiber Stitching. Underfoot, the Rebel features a translucent outsole that's so durable designers were able to use less rubber and further reduce weight.
- Weight: 174 grams (6.1 oz)
- 2- part high-rebound FuelCell midsole with a focus on forefoot propulsion
- Bootie construction and deconstructed collar for lightweight and secure fit
- Due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 6 mm drop are approximate
- Engineered on an 6mm offset and ideal for midfoot to forefoot strikers
- Trace Fiber on the upper provides lightweight midfoot support
- Translucent rubber outsole with data driven lug design to provide lightweight traction